[Gllug] More grep stuff (SOLVED)

Dylan dylan at dylan.me.uk
Sun Sep 12 22:58:47 UTC 2004

On Sunday 12 Sep 2004 23:48 pm, Stuart Sears wrote:
> On Saturday 11 September 2004 15:31, Dylan wrote:
> > On Saturday 11 Sep 2004 15:23 pm, Dylan wrote:
> >
> > I realised my mistakes...
> >
> > Yesterday I had:
> >
> > ./comments.sh 10*.ogg
> >

> > today I:
> >
> > ./comments "10*.ogg"
>
> spaces in filenames are evil things :-)

Indeed!

> you should write a small script to replace them with underscores.
> I did.
> And then I got carried away and made them all lowercase and removed
> all the non-alphanumeric characters and so on... I really must get
> out more.

Ah, krename came to my aid there ;))

> > and in an attempt to see if your script had a typo I added a -d to
> > the cut command...
>
> the -d isn't needed if your delimeter is a tab... what did you put
> in? -d something I take it?

Yeh, -d = as it happens.

> > As is clear this accounts for my problems. It works fine, and does
> > exactly what it says on the tin!
> >
> > D'oh
>
> cool.

NP - as it hjappens the while issue has become irrelevant as I couldn't
get the tags written into the new file. Some spacky variable
substitution vs. quoting sh*te which I couldn't overcome...

until I found vorbiscomment:

vorbiscomment "$sourcefile$ | vorbiscomment -a "$destfile"

does the job all on its own!

Cheers anyway, I've learnt much in the process which is, it its own way,
just as important.

Dylan

--
"I see your Schwartz is as big as mine"