[Gllug] SUSE 9.1 vs Fedora Core 2

Bruce Richardson itsbruce at uklinux.net
Tue Sep 21 18:20:34 UTC 2004

On Tue, Sep 21, 2004 at 06:38:29PM +0100, Pip wrote:
> > Instead, take a
> > minimum debian install, add the appropriate components and you've got
> > yourself an easily admin'able server in minutes :-)
>
> With lots of unnecessary stuff taking up disk, memory and CPU. Might as well
> just go for a Windows box?

A minimal Debian installation is going to use a very small percentage of
the disk and be placing no noticeable load on the system untill you
actually load something.  So that's a little overdramatic.

--
Bruce

I object to intellect without discipline.  I object to power without
constructive purpose. -- Spock