[Gllug] re: grammar

Dr. B. Whalley ben.whalley at blueyonder.co.uk
Fri Sep 3 10:46:28 UTC 2004

Just thought I'd introduce myself on the list, as I've just subscribed and
been extremely pleased to see some prime pedantry going on :).

On Fri, Sep 03, 2004 at 10:57:22AM +0100, t.clarke wrote:
>> Since grammar seems to have cropped up again, and harking back to a

>You're confusing the plural suffix "s" with genitive (possesive) suffix
>"'s".

>typos == plural of typo
>typo's <something> == <something> owned/done by typo

...and to be really picky, I think the following ought to be included:

typos' <somethings> == <somethings> owned/done by typo

or are you all 'new school' grammaticists:

typos's <somethings> == <somethings> owned/done by typo

Cheers,

Ben
----------------------
Dr. B. Whalley