[Gllug] Oracle on Linux

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Sat Sep 18 21:14:27 UTC 2004

On Fri, 17 Sep 2004, John Hearns muttered drunkenly:
> On Fri, 2004-09-17 at 12:11, Tethys wrote:
>
> How about a Database Cookoff at the next GLLUG?
>
> We get people to stand up for 15 minutes and talk about their
> database of choice.

s/talk/curse/

> End the session with a debate - separating the constituents by
> a sword's length of course, and having gentlemen in tailcoats
> waiting in the corridor.

Sorry, I don't think I could be that gentlemanly. Besides, there's no
point doing it unless the Oracle developers were also involved, and then
there's no point doing it without lethal weapons.

(Remember: All databases suck.)

--
`The copyright file is for everyone.  That we make it available in
 plain-text, uncompressed form rather than in spinning, throbbing

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk