[Gllug] Gnome Vs Kde Vs

Tethys tet at createservices.com
Wed Sep 1 10:30:48 UTC 2004

Nix writes:

>I've always used fvwm2 :) I tried to switch to sawfish, but never
>finished the transition, and now that sawfish is (sob!) de facto dead
>(rumour says, thanks to Apple telling its author to stop working on it
>if he wanted to work for them), I have no decent wm to switch to,
>so I stick with horrible old fvwm.

fvwm horrible? I'd have to disagree. I've tried most of the alternatives,
and always ended up back with fvwm (or rather fvwm2). None of the others
give me the level of control and ease of configuration that I need.

But if you're really intent of a lisp based wm, there are alternatives
to sawfish. That said, they all seem to be in an essentially unmaintained
state, apart from stumpwm, which is... errr... minimalist!

	http://www.nongnu.org/stumpwm/
	http://koala.ilog.fr/gwm/
	http://scwm.sourceforge.net/

Tet