[Gllug] Has anyone seen th HP nx5000 with suse 9.1

Chris Bell chrisbell at overview.demon.co.uk
Mon Sep 27 15:32:09 UTC 2004

On Mon 27 Sep, George Wright wrote:

> I personally have an Apple PowerBook which hardware-wise is a very nice
> machine, but Linux support is a bit iffy. Quality control on Apple's stuff is
> a bit shaky though. Other problems are that Airport Extreme (802.11g) doesn't
> work in Linux, and nor does sleep. If you're wanting to use OS X then it's
> fine, but if you're thinking about Linux then be prepared to put up with
> hardware issues.
>
> Regards,
>
> George

   I have heard that there is a software pack around which adds additional
*nix-style packages to OS X. It seems that Apple hardware is designed
individually and does not follow a normal sequence of improvements, so there
are less "fits all" situations, hence the problems getting things to work.

--
Chris Bell

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk