[Gllug] including hotmail account into kmail

Russell Howe rhowe at wiss.co.uk
Fri Sep 3 11:33:50 UTC 2004

On Fri, Sep 03, 2004 at 12:53:41AM +0100, Gary Thomas Pownall wrote:
> Can anyone tell me how to import my hotmail account into kmail?

If you're after configuring an account using the "HTTP mail protocol" as
'supported' by Outlook and Outlook Express, I doubt it.

MS provide some kind of IMAP-like service for Hotmail, but I'm not aware
of anyone who has reverse-engineered whatever their protocol does. By
the use of the HTTP term, I guess it's tunnelled over HTTP, possibly
even via something standard like SOAP.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk