[Gllug] How to re-enable extensions in Mozilla Firefox 0.9.3

John Winters john at sinodun.org.uk
Sat Sep 25 14:14:58 UTC 2004

On Sat, 2004-09-25 at 15:08, Nick Richards wrote:
> On Fri, 24 Sep 2004 08:30:28 +0100, John Winters <john at sinodun.org.uk> wrote:
> > I've just upgraded to Firefox 0.9.3 (as part of a sarge "apt-get
> > upgrade" cycle) and the first time I invoked Firefox after the upgrade I
> > got a pop up box saying, "All your existing extensions have been
> > disabled".  Unfortunately it didn't give any clue about how to re-enable
> > them, and there doesn't seem to be anything on their web site either.
> >
> > Specifically, I have Java installed and the plugin is sym-linked to my
> > ~/.firefox/plugins directory.  The new installation hasn't removed the
> > sym-link and yet Firefox no longer enables it.
> >

> Er, isn't Java a plugin rather than an extension?

Yes, but arguably a plugin is a kind of extension (although possibly not
the way the term is used in Firefox) and it has certainly been disabled.

>  type about:plugins
> into your location bar and see if java's mentioned.

I have - it isn't.  It was before the upgrade.

>  If not then I
> suspect your symlink is dodgy in some way or the permissions are
> suspect.

But the symlink is the same one that was there before, and it worked
before.  I'm not sure how a symlink could be "dodgy".

John

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk