[Gllug] [OT] speaking French in France

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Tue Sep 7 14:42:45 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2 Sep 2004, Sarah Ewen spake:
> Oh, come on.
>
> There are just as many different types of people in every
> country as there are sides to a story. Do we have to sit here
> ranting?

On this list? As well ask if we have to sit here breathing.

(Those of us who still require oxygen and haven't uploaded into their
Linux boxes, that is. I'd never do it: I like food too much.)

> Perhaps swinging the topic round to people who are unhelpful
> when you try to speak Linux to them would be an interesting
> diversion :)

s/Linux/anything other than football and soap operas/

I don't understand people who can last a day, hell, a *week* without
learning something yet don't go mad with boredom. (I can't understand
people who don't read for pleasure, either --- probably a trait I
share with most of the members of this list).

> On an equally off topic note, thanks to those who contacted Lee
> about the 21" monitor. He also has a fridge and a sturdy corner desk
> on the go too, if that's your thing.

I fitted a small fridge in a desk drawer once. Useful for keeping
cold caffeinated stuff on hand. :)

(The drawer needed a bit of mutilation to expose the back and front of
the fridge... ideally it'd have been a top-opening fridge, but
I didn't have one to hand.)

--
`The copyright file is for everyone.  That we make it available in
 plain-text, uncompressed form rather than in spinning, throbbing

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk