[Gllug] SSH filesystem?

Jan Kokoska kokoskaj at seznam.cz
Tue Sep 28 22:21:06 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-09-28 at 09:55 +0100, Jack Bertram wrote:
> For some reason, I don't seem to be able to compile modules for my current
> kernel.  I think it may be because I compiled it with MODVERSIONS but have
> somehow lost the current kernel symbol thingies.

You just need to make sure the version string will be exactly identical,
it doesn't do watermarking or any other proprietary magic ;) "uname -r"
or "modinfo module" tells you the exact version that you need to put
into the Makefile. This always worked for me, I am not very careful with
symbol table either, config file is the golden thing.

Jan

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk