[Gllug] SUSE 9.1 vs Fedora Core 2

Dan Kolb gllug at eco.li
Tue Sep 21 19:38:33 UTC 2004

On Tue, Sep 21, 2004 at 08:08:53PM +0100, Pip wrote:

> Yeah, but drama queen was always a favourite occupation of mine.
> I know nothing of Debian, nor what a minimal install of it would be. I'm
> basically just supporting the idea that the desktop installations - Fedora
> and SuSe were the ones in question - aren't really the best way to get a
> perfect server running. Figure out what you need, start with the minimum. It
> gives you less to worry about.

SUSE can be a worthy server product - the official server product line
notwithstanding, the Professional version can be, and often is, used as a
server system. The Personal version is the only one designed only for desktop
use, nothing else.

Dan
--
The opossum is a very sophisticated animal.  It doesn't even get up
until 5 or 6 p.m.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk