[Gllug] Hosting my own domain(s)

Ian Northeast ian at house-from-hell.demon.co.uk
Fri Apr 8 03:16:38 UTC 2005

Liam Smit wrote:
>>Our company - not an ISP - has a large number of domains due to the policy of our Corporate Communications department who seem to want just about everything they can think of which looks remotely like our name in .com, .org, .net, .info, .biz, .co.uk and .nl (we are an Anglo-Dutch company
>

> Blameer dit op die Nederlanders?<g>

Sorry, I cnnot understand that.

If I get an email in Dutch inside the company I will refer it to someone
in Rotterdam who can translate it. It's not common. The only time I
remember getting an email in Dutch was when, shortly after the merger
that made us Ango-Dutch, the infamous EDS were still running the
Rotterdam side. They screwed up and I demanded an explanation, they sent
it in Dutch to try to confuse me. I have no idea why they thought I
wouldn't be able to get it translated. We dispensed with their services
shortly afterwards, but that wasn't the only reason. They were too
expensive.

Company policy is that all communication is in English (American is
accepted for some obscure reason:).

I have visited the Netherlands twice, and on both occasions I have found
that everyone I met could speak English far better than I can Dutch.
Including bus drivers and bartenders. So I have never felt a need to
learn Dutch, Sorry.

Regards, Ian

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk