[Gllug] re: OSS CMSs

Tethys tet at createservices.com
Thu Apr 28 13:18:55 UTC 2005

Aaron Trevena writes:

>Dependancy handling is also automated when you install via CPAN.

Which of course you wouldn't be doing in any halfway sane commercial
environment...

>I'm surprised people still trot out the myths about perl being
>unmaintainable and hard to read. Any language can be made
>unmaintainable and hard to read.

Oh agreed. The perl that I've written is clean and obvious (then again,
ask any programmer and they'll probably say the same thing). It's just
that perl makes it so much easier to write unmaintainable code than most
other languages (although PHP is heading in that direction too). Perl
doesn't have to be impenetrable. But empirical evidence shows it to be
so far more frequently than code written in other languages.

Tet
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk