[Gllug] debian kernel 2.6.11 syslog erros

Russell Howe rhowe at wiss.co.uk
Fri Apr 1 12:46:41 UTC 2005

On Fri, Apr 01, 2005 at 08:41:27AM +0100, t.clarke wrote:
> Nix
> Thanks for the further info re event logging feature
> Possibly ithe keyboard I am using on this machine (grabbed from the spares shelf
> ) is iffy.   I will renable the dfeature and try another keyboard.

Could you by any chance have enabled CONFIG_INPUT_EVBUG in the kernel
configuration without realising it?

CONFIG_INPUT_EVBUG:

Say Y here if you have a problem with the input subsystem and
want all events (keypresses, mouse movements), to be output to
the system log. While this is useful for debugging, it's also
a security threat - your keypresses include your passwords, of
course.

Symbol: INPUT_EVBUG [=n]
Prompt: Event debugging
  Defined at drivers/input/Kconfig:122