[Gllug] mount by users other than root

Andrew Halliwell ah at gnd.com
Tue Apr 5 13:15:49 UTC 2005

And verily, didst t.clarke announce to the hordes:

> Benedikt
> Thanks for the prompt response
> I was specifying by partition ID (LABEL=/XXX)
>
> Your reply prompted me to try defining the partition simply by name
> (eg: /dev/hda9).    Umount now works correctly.   Must be a bug in the program
> which has never been fixed, I guess !!

Never been fixed? oh come now, 7.1 is over 3 years old, isn't it? maybe it
was some combination of mount/fstab/the label/the kernel/something else that
broke it?

(certainly never seen that problem before so it seems like it might be a
weird conflicty thing)
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk