[Gllug] New to lm-sensors - am I right in thinking all is OK.

Liam Smit liam.smit at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 12:29:15 UTC 2005

>>I've read the lm-sensors FAQ, and I *think* all the ALARMs are covered.
>>Core 2 probably doesn't mean anything.  The reading for 3.3v just seems
>>to be plain wrong (the BIOS utilities says it's 3.3v).  A multiplier
>>configuration error?  -12v and -5v probably don't exist at all.  Finally
>>the 3rd fan is meant to be turning that slowly - it's a large slow fan.
>>
>>Now I've calmed myself down, am I right not to be worried?

If it was that out of wack then your CPU / motherboard would already be
dead. Have a look at the voltages from your BIOS monitoring section.

Hardware monitoring under Linux usually requires much fiddling with to
get right. This is due to the differing implementations of hardware
monitoring by the motherboard manufacturers. So even though there are
only a few chips which are used e.g. Winbond there are many permutations
which require customisation.

cheers
Liam

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk