[Gllug] Transferring large files at specified times

Jon Dye jon at pecorous.co.uk
Wed Apr 6 09:39:51 UTC 2005

A friend and I are trying to work out the best way to transfer some
large ISOs (of DVDs) from his machine to mine over the 'net.  His ISP
has a bandwidth cap except between 1am and 6am where bandwidth is
unrestricted so we'd like to do the transfers then.

We were wondering what people thought the best method of transfer would
be and which program we should use considering we want to be able to
(automatically?) stop and start transfer at specified times.

Our current plan is to have the files hosted on a webserver at his end
and for me to start and kill wget via a cron task every day, does anyone
have any better suggestions?

JD

--
"Ello, we're murderers....er....twix, please."
		- Eddie Izzard