[Gllug] Netware data recovery

Richard Jones rich at annexia.org
Fri Apr 8 16:00:46 UTC 2005

On Fri, Apr 08, 2005 at 03:32:22PM +0100, Chris Bell wrote:
> Hello,
>    I am trying to help recover as many files as possible from an
> elderly and failing hard disc running Netware 3.12. I understand that it has
> a netware section within a DOS partition. We have tried a Knoppix v3.7 CD,
> which can access the DOS partition but not the Netware section. Any ideas?

How does the Netware "section" appear?  Does it appear as a big binary
file somewhere in the DOS filesystem?

Anyway, my suggestion is to use 'dd' to copy the partition byte-
for-byte onto another disk or remote-mounted filesystem.

Then you should be able to mount the partition (loopback mount, if you
copied it to a file) and access it from, say, DOSEMU.

Rich.

--
Richard Jones, CTO Merjis Ltd.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk