[Gllug] Re: Debian Matching Machines

Craig Millar gllug at pablo.xplode.org
Wed Apr 6 21:47:50 UTC 2005

On 06/04/05 14:13 +0100, Peter Childs wrote:
>    I have 3 debian computers which I would like to all have a matching
> sets of installed debian packages, I think I ought to be able to do this
> with dpkg --set-selection but I don't seam to be able to get it work
> properly, Does anyone have any ideas.

not the answer you were necessarily looking for, but if your boxen are on the
same lan, apt-proxy is great for reducing bandwidth usage:
http://apt-proxy.sourceforge.net/
does what it says on the tin - i.e. downloads a copy of each package to your
server, meaning that any debian clients you need to update on the same lan
don't also have to collect their updates on the interweb if it's already
cached. hth. craig
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk