[Gllug] Auditing file access [Was: Securing XP]

Russell Howe rhowe at wiss.co.uk
Mon Apr 4 14:07:29 UTC 2005

On Mon, Apr 04, 2005 at 12:25:01PM +0100, John Hearns wrote:
> In addition to SELinux, you could also look at Dazuko
> http://www.dazuko.org/index.shtml
>
> "This project provides a device driver allowing 3rd-party (userland)
> applications to execute file access control.

There is a thing called DMAPI implemented for XFS which does this,
although my impression from mailing list postings is that it's a bit
ropey.

I think they tried to get it integrated higher up in the VFS layer so
that other filesystems could use it, but I don't think the kernel
developers liked the look of the code.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk