[Gllug] Madwifi drivers

Doug Winter doug at pigeonhold.com
Tue Apr 12 08:26:36 UTC 2005

Mike Brodbelt wrote:
> Any ideas appreciated.... I'd consider a different card, but IBM seem to
> lock their damn BIOS'es to a list of about 4 "approved" cards....

The only problem I had with the madwifi drivers was getting them working
with wep.

I needed to add a:

     pre-up /sbin/iwpriv ath0 authmode 2

to the interface config in /etc/network/interfaces.  If that's not there
it wouldn't do wep at all, but it worked fine without it.  Nothing
resulted in any sort of locking up though.

I got the drivers from here:

:pserver:anonymous at cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/madwifi

and it looks like I checked them out on 2004-11-17 - perhaps the CVS
HEAD has been borked, so you could try checking out that old version?

Cheers,

Doug.

--
6973E2CF: 2C95 66AD 1596 37D2 41FC 609F 76C0 A4EC 6973 E2CF
http://adju.st/
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk