[Gllug] sshd getting a bit hysterical

Rev Simon Rumble simon at rumble.net
Thu Apr 14 16:33:44 UTC 2005

I get this in my logs whenever I connect to my server from my home
machine:

Apr 14 17:30:32 localhost sshd[27038]: reverse mapping checking getaddrinfo for 81-1-84-192.homechoice.co.uk failed - POSSIBLE BREAKIN ATTEMPT!

Seems a bit over the top, no?  I mean "POSSIBLE BREAKIN ATTEMPT!" is a
bit extreme for an address that just doesn't have a reverse lookup
record, right?

Any way to turn this off?

--
Rev Simon Rumble <simon at rumble.net>
www.rumble.net

The Tourist Engineer
Just because you're on holiday, doesn't mean you're not a geek.
http://engineer.openguides.org/

Arguing online is like being in the Special Olympics.
You might win, but you're still retarded.