[Gllug] OSS CMSs

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Fri Apr 29 13:54:08 UTC 2005

On Fri, 29 Apr 2005, Bruce Richardson moaned:
> On Fri, Apr 29, 2005 at 12:12:09PM +0100, Doug wrote:
>>
>> Er, possibly.  I just mean all this stuff should be in the standard
>> library.  Putting it into the syntax of the language itself would be loony.
>
> Ah, I had a feeling that was it.  That also makes sense of much of the
> CPAN-related discussion.

Yeah: just assume that the Perl standard library includes all of CPAN
(which it does, in a sense): what Python needs is a way to factor its
standard library out and distribute only parts of it, just like CPAN.

--
This is like system("/usr/funky/bin/perl -e 'exec sleep 1'");
   --- Peter da Silva
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk