[Gllug] It doesn't fit - cock-up on the motherboard format vector

Liam Smit liam.smit at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 15:15:28 UTC 2005

> > > I really like Lian-Li myself (I bought one from Mike Brodbelt a couple
> > > of years ago and it's still going strong - thanks Mike!), but they
> > > aren't cheap, or necessarily suitable:
> >
> > You may be amused to know that precisely one day after writing this
> > email, the machine that was 'still going strong' blew up, with a
> > completely borked motherboard.
> >
> > Never ever claim a computer is working very well.  The gods can hear you.
> >
> > If the OP hasn't got a case yet, then here's another recommendation.
> > The Lian-Li is going to house an office server soon, so I got a new case
> > for the desktop, which I'm very impressed with (recommended by a mate of
> > mine who has half a dozen).  The Antec Sonata Piano Black:
> >
> > http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/Antec_Cases.html
> >
> > Very nice, good build quality, looks better than it does in the photo,
> > and a bit of a bargain I reckon since it comes with a quality PSU.
>
> SLK3700BQE is almost identical to the sonata and just that little bit cheaper

I'll admit to having bought cheaper cases back in SA from component
distributers (registered as a reseller) and then modifying them if I
felt like it. I kept my habit under control though and restricted
myself to cutting and drilling - no painting. Some people tend to go
slightly overboard.<g>

cheers
Liam
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk