[Gllug] X setup SuSE and Slackware

michael norman michaeltnorman at ukfsn.org
Sat Apr 9 14:14:55 UTC 2005

I'm running SuSE 9.2 as my main OS.  I've been experimenting with Slackware
10.1 as an alternative, dual booting the two.  My problem is that however I
set up X in Slack it always produces a screen that is off set, ie a gap down
the right hand side.  Using the monitor's controls I can adjust that but when
I go back to SuSE the screen defaults to the Slackware settings,  Comparing
the two x config files I have the same values for the monitor.  Is there a
tool I can use to fix this ?

Thanks

Mike
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk