[Gllug] [OT] Content Management Systems

tacoshell tacoshell at gmail.com
Mon Aug 8 15:55:44 UTC 2005

Sorry for splitting this off.

I use php-nuke at www.multiverse.org that is dedicated to the work of
Michael Moorock.  Enough with the plugs.  I want to warn you away from
php-nuke.

There are numerous bugs that never get fixed.  "Fix them yourself" one
might say, but numerous hardened variables have been pushed upstream
to Frank B., who refuses to harden his variables.  There is a side
project especially for rolling bug fixes to php-nuke.  This is the
worst grievance.  Other problems include:  the encyclopedia is no
wiki, the journal is no blog, phpBB is hacked and remains 2 to 3
versions behind the current release.  Very frustrating.

Generally speaking, I'm stuck with php-nuke because of the time it
will take to test out a new CMS, write code to port data from php-nuke
to the new CMS, and since I use GoogleTap, all of my URLs will change
breaking every stinking link in the CMS.

Alas, it works very well, once you've customized and patched it.

Tacoshell

--
US patent # 4608259: "The pocket front and back sheets and the
overwrap sheet are preferably integrally formed from one generally
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk