[Gllug] "Open source has its own problems" - article in Computing

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Thu Aug 11 19:55:28 UTC 2005

On Thu, 11 Aug 2005, Joel Bernstein yowled:
> On Thu, Aug 11, 2005 at 05:06:58PM +0100, Nix wrote:
>> Answer me this: How the *hell* do you avoid running out of food? I seem
>> to starve in no time flat (unless I hack the code to reduce the rate of
>> energy consumption, but that's cheating).
>
> By eating the corpses of anything you kill which won't poison you. And
> if you start starving, by prayer, if it's getting to the "can't stop
> fainting" point.

I never thought of either of those, probably because the concept of a
`fresh corpse' never occurred to me, so the only ones I ever tried to
eat killed me.

And I keep forgetting that prayer exists. (I won't make *that* mistake
any longer.)

--
`I work in computers so, of course, I'm an expert on everything.'
                                                     --- Simon Rumble
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk