[Gllug] openldap - Outlook 2000 in workgroup mode

Sean Burlington sean at uncertainty.org.uk
Sun Aug 7 22:18:07 UTC 2005

Hi,
  I've set up slapd with a directory of names and addresses that works
OK for the thunderbird addressbook and for gq - but I can't seem to
access it from Outlook 2000 in workgroup mode

I've Googled away, searched FAQs etc ...

I got most of this working a year or so ago - but it may have been in
'internet mode' (personally I can't see why anyone would want an email
client that didn't use the internet!)

I've configured outlook and when I try to search for a name in my
directory the hourglass appears for a few seconds but nothing else happens.

The logs show that outlook is not connecting at all, I can telnet to the
ldap port from the windows machine and see the connection in the logs

I must be missing something obvious (maybe the fact that it can't be done)

Any help much appreciated - and may even result in one less installation
of Exchange :-)

--

Sean

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk