[Gllug] is this a big problem?

Stephen Harker steve at pauken.co.uk
Tue Aug 23 15:57:48 UTC 2005

paul wrote:
> I want to set up Suse enterprise server to "pull in" the emails from
> our pop3 accounts at our isp,
> and then have those emails distributed to our Microsoft Exchange server
> on another machine.
 >
> So basically our Linux box will be a MTA between our ISP and our Windows
> 2000 box.
> I have setup sendmail to achieve getting the emails in and I can send
> emails out, but cannot get the
> emails transferred from the linux box to the win2k machine (exchange
> server).

Are you using fetchmail on the Linux server to collect the email from
your POP3 accounts? Fetchmail usually delivers mail directly to SMTP on
the local machine. So then you need to configure sendmail on the Linux
server to direct email for the domain that the Exchange Server is
expecting to the exchange server. I know how this works in Postfix but
not sendmail. Someone else...?

Regards,

Stephen
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk