[Gllug] Free 19" Iiyama monitor - "maybe" minor fault

Ian Northeast ian at house-from-hell.demon.co.uk
Thu Aug 11 21:27:55 UTC 2005

A 6 year old (I think) VisionMaster Pro 450 which worked perfectly until
about the beginning of this year when it developed an occasional sulk -
it wouldn't power on, but if left for a few hours it would, and then
work fine for a couple of months then do it again. Last weekend this
condition became permanant so I have replaced it, as I don't trust my
electrical skills sufficiently to dive inside a CRT - there are nasty
voltages in there and they don't go away just because it's turned off.

It's quite possible that it's a simple problem with the power switch or
a relay. Someone competent in such things may well be able to repair it.

So, before I take it down the tip and contribute to the destruction of
the environment, does anyone fancy their chances of getting it running
again? You'll need to collect it by car, it's far too heavy to strap to
a bicycle or carry on the bus. I don't have a car. Epsom area.

I should mention that although this thing cost me 450 quid in 1999, its
replacement, a 455 which is essentially the same, cost just 150 quid
including VAT and delivery. Which is why I didn't bother to try to find
anyone to repair it for me.

So if anyone wants it send me a mail, otherwise it goes to the tip next
time my lodger (who does have a car) is heading that way.

Regards, Ian

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk