[Gllug] wifi antenna cable

Huw Lynes huw-l at moving-picture.com
Mon Aug 1 13:41:19 UTC 2005

So I was helping a pal of mine set up a wireless network at his new
house this weekend. After a number of false starts (networking tools in
windows really suck) we got it all working.

However one of the PCs is languishing behind a 9" thick solid brick
wall. Needless to say the signal strength is not that great. However the
end part of this wall is just partition and the signal there is fine.
Like most PCI wifi cards the one in this PC has an antenna that screws
onto what looks like a fairly standard adaptor.

My question is this: is it possible to get extension cables that will
allow me to position the antenna away from the back of the machine so
that we can put it in a position where it will pick up decent signal?

I quick search of some on-line retailers has turned up nothing, but I
suspect this is because I don't know the correct name for what I'm
looking for.

Thanks,
Huw

--
| Huw Lynes               | The Moving Picture Company  |
| System Administrator    | 127 Wardour Street          |

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk