[Gllug] Daughter inherits 486 laptop ... err what can I make it run?

Steve Nelson sanelson at gmail.com
Sun Aug 7 22:39:25 UTC 2005

On 8/7/05, M.Blackmore <mblackmore at oxlug.org> wrote:

> Just what can one do with such a low resource machine if a GUI is
> wanted?

I think this has been very recently covered in a thread - this week even.

However, fwliw I have similar vintage hardware running debian +
ratpoison.  Yes I know that ratpoison 'steals' keybindings - just
rebind them in ratpoison or learn to kit the target key twice.......

I find it pefectly useable, however, this may, of course, be entirely
unsuitable for your daughter.

Probably of no use to anyone, but after this much wine, I didn't
really expect to be especially helpful.

HTH.

S.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk