[Gllug] Getting initramfs to work

Adrian McMenamin adrian at mcmen.demon.co.uk
Wed Aug 10 00:20:47 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-08-09 at 17:01 +0100, Peter Grandi wrote:

> adrian> but it doesn't want to seem to boot it.
>
> Given the (customary) lack of clarity here, both as to what you
> are trying to do and the consequences, it is hard to guess what
> is not booting... The '.cpio' file? The kernel? Whatever...

As I didn't ask, at any point, for direct help with this particular
problem but rather for some pointers as to how I could solve it myself
it didn't seem relevant.

Being a reasonably competent kernel developer I am happy enough to get
on with it myself.

GLLUG doesn't strike me as the place to get involved with the details of
how to debug cross compiled kernels. Though obviously it seems an
appropriate forum, to some at least, to show off their clear
intellectual superiority over lesser beings.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk