[Gllug] is this a big problem?

paul paul at thinksolution.net
Tue Aug 23 15:29:44 UTC 2005

I'm new to the GLLUG website and fairly new to linux
(well a couple of years of tinkering about with Suse).

I have a problem for those of you that play in a mixed environment of Linux and MS Windows 2000 Advanced Server

I want to set up Suse enterprise server to "pull in" the emails from our pop3 accounts at our isp,
and then have those emails distributed to our Microsoft Exchange server on another machine.
I thought this would be a very simple thing to achieve but has taken a lot of my time figuring out
how to synchronise the two systems. It is obvious that it would either be easier to
use only Linux, or only Windows 2000 and a pop3 connector, but for reasons I dont want to go into (for the sake of brevity)
this is how I want to do it.

So basically our Linux box will be a MTA between our ISP and our Windows 2000 box.
I have setup sendmail to achieve getting the emails in and I can send emails out, but cannot get the
emails transferred from the linux box to the win2k machine (exchange server).

If anyone has had this problem and can help I would be most grateful for a discussion of the matter.