[Gllug] Upgrading from RH 9

John Hearns john.hearns at streamline-computing.com
Wed Aug 31 13:12:09 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-08-31 at 14:03 +0200, Martin A. Brooks wrote:
> John Hearns skrev:
> > But you are quite correct to be considering an upgrade -
> > hopefully to a 2.6 based distro!
>
> I still have machines running 2.0.x kernels.  Why is 2.6 a compelling
> reason to upgrade?
Point taken.

But remember I work for a company which builds high performance
clusters :-)
We are shipping dual-socket dual-core Opterons, and today we shipped
off some eight socket systems to a major University.

We can spec up to 128 gigs of RAM (if you need it)

We ship Infiniband adapters and switches (I think there are 2.4
series Infiniband drivers, but I've never used them)

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk