[Gllug] new member....

Rev Simon Rumble simon at rumble.net
Wed Aug 3 15:36:31 UTC 2005

On 3/8/2005, "Tom Hannen" <tomhannen at gmail.com> wrote:

>Simon - I really don't need a fancy GUI, and I'd like to only use it
>for checking email and web-browsing... It cost a grand total of £7.50
>on ebay, so I"m not expecting miracles!  It would just be handy to
>have around as an extra screen & keyboard with net access...

You'll note I said "basic GUI".  If "email and web browsing" to you
means text-mode email and browser, then you'll be just fine.  If you
want _any_ GUI on that hardware, you're entering a world of pain.

You _might_ be able to get it just running framebuffer VNC and point it
at another machine that does all the work.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk