[Gllug] is this a big problem?

Jim Bailey jim at freesolutions.net
Sat Aug 27 08:49:19 UTC 2005

On Aug 26, 09:24, Matthew Thompson wrote:
> On 26 Aug 2005, at 16:54, Liam Smit wrote:
>
> >Well I won't tell you to switch when it's not in your best interest to
> >do so but you might want to plan to get yourself into a position where
> >you have more control over the situation. I look forward to the day
> >when I can dictate policy that means no more anti-virus software and
> >far less license tracking, product keys, etc is necessary.<g>
>
> Yes - I have that day planned too it's when I install Mac OS X
> everywhere :)

Believe me OSX has its own set of issues when it comes to configuration
and useability particularily when you are pushing it into territory
where the extremely expensive hardware/software combinations don't fit
either through price or preconfigured options.

The perfect OS for me will have features from many OSes *nix and Windows
included.  Most importantly it will have the feature "do what I want not
what I tell you". ;)

--
Peace Jim :-)

keys:  http://freesolutions.net/jim/pubkey.asc

 To err is human...to really foul up requires the root password
 -- David Weingart

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk