[Gllug] Suitable wireless card

Peter Grandi pg_gllug at gllug.for.sabi.co.UK
Wed Aug 17 11:25:34 UTC 2005

>>> On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 11:11:22 +0100, Dylan Bodington
>>> <fritz at ananzi.co.za> said:

fritz> [ ... ] Firstly, am I right in assuming that I'd do well
fritz> to get one based on a prism chipset,

Well, there are several ''Prism'' chipsets, some supported and
some not supported.

fritz> and secondly, could I get some suggestions on commonly
fritz> available (Maplin/Novatech) PCMCIA cards that play nicely
fritz> with Linux.

Any such suggestion is not going to be entirely reliable because
what matters is the chipset, and which chipset a card has got can
change with time...

Also, this list has just had a couple of threads on this subject.

However, I have prepared a page that describes what can be done,
with some pointers:

  http://WWW.sabi.co.UK/Notes/linuxWiFi.html

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk