[Gllug] wifi antenna cable

Rev Simon Rumble simon at rumble.net
Mon Aug 1 14:03:13 UTC 2005

On 1/8/2005, "Huw Lynes" <huw-l at moving-picture.com> wrote:

>I think I've found the one. Apparently it's called Reverse SMA. Finally
>managed dig the spec sheet out. So I need a Reverse SMA male to female
>cable. The other connector commonly used is RPSMA. No idea what SMA
>stands for.

SMA is a standard connector.  Reverse SMA means the thread goes
"backwards".  RP-SMA means the polarity of the connector is reversed
(and I think the thread is too).

Apparently there's some FCC requirement to make it hard to add
unapproved after-market gadgets (like high-gain antennas) that would
make you exceed the emission specs.  So they're just making it hard for
the average gumby to do, but not impossible for anyone willing to jump
through some hoops.

You should be able to get a reasonably priced R-SMA cable from some of
the suppliers already mentioned.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk