[Gllug] New EU data retention rules approved

Dani Pardo dani at enplater.com
Wed Dec 14 17:06:10 UTC 2005

   I think this is just a cosmetic move from the Parlament to say "Hey,
we look after your security", "we fight agains terrorism". We all know
that kind of rule is useless and impossible to achieve (have you thought
about open Access Points? :)
   At most, the police may go to an ISP and ask them to show the
mail.log. They will never do it, and if they do, and you don't have them
(because of some technical buzzword_here), they won't do anything (look
at another isp?)

Dani Pardo, dani at enplater.com
Enplater S.A
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk