[Gllug] Linux box keeps rebooting

Hong Chyr hongchyr at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Dec 8 15:46:39 UTC 2005

Hi all

Got myself a nice PC (new!) and wiped off the copy of XP to make room
for FC3. Thought I'd be happy as a clam when the machine finishes
installing FC3. Unfortunately, when GRUB loads, the machine will just
reboot and it goes into this reboot loop.

The PC is P4-3.0 and comes with a 200GB SATA hard drive. When running
the installation, FC3 seemed to detect  the driver correctly as /sda. I
have created 3 partitions: sda1 to be mounted as / (30GB), sda2 to be
mounted as home (168GB), sda3 as swap (~1GB).

Is GRUB the problem? I can't even get into the GRUB prompt, it reboots
just when the words "GRUB loading stage 2" comes up.

Help please!!

Hong

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk