[Gllug] Linux box keeps rebooting

Tethys sta296 at astradyne.co.uk
Fri Dec 9 11:52:43 UTC 2005

Jack Bertram writes:

>Well, the only recommendation I can find is at:
>
>http://fedoranews.org/mediawiki/index.php/FC3_to_FC4_Upgrade_Process_Questi=
>on
>
>which says that a "clean" installation is preferred to anything else,
>and will be the default for upgrades to FC5.

Errr, not quite. What it's claiming is that having /home on a separate
filesystem will be the default for FC5. I'm not even sure if that's true,
either, although it's certainly under consideration.

The install process automatically defaults to an upgrade if a previous
version of FC is found, and as far as I'm aware will continue to do so.
See the install guide for more information about upgrading:

	http://www.fedora.redhat.com/docs/fedora-install-guide-en/fc4/ch-upgrading-system.html

Tet
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk