[Gllug] the guardian on the attack (again)

Aaron Trevena aaron.trevena at gmail.com
Tue Dec 20 13:58:07 UTC 2005

On 13/12/05, Richard Jones <rich at annexia.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 13, 2005 at 04:07:36PM +0000, Tethys wrote:
> > Personally, I find it better to avoid UML altogether. YMMV.
>
> It's certainly one of those tools that you realise later are band-aids
> for poor-quality languages and overuse of objects.

Actually UML is bloody useful even without any objects..

UML includes not only Class::Diagrams but..
use cases (also available in new lo-calory eXtreme Programming flavour
under a different name)
state diagrams
sequence diagrams
data flow diagrams

which are fundamental to good analysis and design of any nontrivial project

A.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk