[Gllug] the guardian on the attack (again)

Bernard Peek bap at shrdlu.com
Tue Dec 20 22:42:50 UTC 2005

In message <87ek47slo3.fsf at amaterasu.srvr.nix>, Nix <nix at esperi.org.uk>
writes

>I just don't believe that they are `fundamental'. I tried drawing state
>transition and dataflow diagrams (using UML notation) for GCC once. Lost
>track, gave up. The notation was a big stumbling block, but perhaps that's
>just 'cos I haven't used it enough.

No, it really is a fault in UML. When SSADM was being developed there
were people who worked on making the symbols on all of the diagrams
distinctive. It looks as if none of the UML developers thought that
readable diagrams were important. It shows.

--
Bernard Peek
London, UK. DBA, Manager, Trainer & Author.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk