[Gllug] OT MP3 players and tape adaptors.

Chris Hunter chrisehunter at blueyonder.co.uk
Fri Dec 23 07:20:52 UTC 2005

Rev Simon Rumble wrote:
> On 22/12/2005, "Aaron Trevena" <aaron.trevena at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>>Yes, but my wireless headphones are analogue - they use FM radio (I
>>don't have them in the office so I can't check the actual band), and
>>it is pretty safe to assume that would be the same as this device
>>would be.
>

> Then they're illegal in the UK.  You can't even transmit a few
> milliwatts in the FM band without a license in this country.  Most
> countries allow very low-power (we're talking blocked by a wall)
> transmitters.

You're right, but if the power is low enough, nobody will notice your
transmission.  Just make sure that you're not on top of another station
(FM capture effect makes the strongest signal win, and proximity really
counts) because you'll be able to 'jam' other FM stations over a very
small distance.

Chris

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk