[Gllug] Advansys SCSI Host Adapter

David Reed David at aliada.plus.com
Sat Dec 3 10:27:34 UTC 2005

John Hearns wrote:

>Send us the results of  lspci   and lspci -vv

Result of lspci -vv:

01:09.0 SCSI storage controller: Advanced System Products, Inc ABP940-U
/ ABP960-U (rev 03)
        Subsystem: Advanced System Products, Inc ASC1300 SCSI Adapter
        Control: I/O+ Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop-
ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B-
<TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR-
        Latency: 32 (1000ns min, 1000ns max), Cache Line Size 08
        Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 11
        Region 0: I/O ports at de00 [size=256]
        Region 1: Memory at 00000000fe9ff000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable)
[size=256]
        [virtual] Expansion ROM at 00000000fea00000 [disabled] [size=64K]

>dmesg | less
>and scroll through to where the SCSI cars is being initialised
>(assuming it is!)
>
>On the SuSE system /var/log/boot.msg  has the same information
>
>Find out the relevant module for this card, and 'modprobe modulename'

Going thru     /var/log/boot.msg under SUSE did suggest that the card is
not being initialised for I can see no reference to it. And as the file
is 11 A4 pages long, I think that no one would  me very pleased if I
posted the lot here.

Sadly, I do not know how to find 'the relevent module' for this card.
However, you have been very helpful already and I would be pleased to
supply any further information.

David Reed
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk