[Gllug] FC3 Sound Card Woes

Rob Crowther robertc at boogdesign.com
Thu Dec 1 18:44:12 UTC 2005

Ken Smith wrote:
> Hi, I can't fathom this - I'm trying to get an FM801 based sound card to
> work on FC3. It didn't work on FC1 in this system and I was hoping that an
> upgrade to FC3 would get it going.

Have you also upgraded the kernel to the latest version?  (I mean the
latest kernel for FC3 through yum, rather than the latest available)  I
had a soundcard (Audigy) in my FC3 machine which didn't work at first
but started working on one of the 2.6.11 kernels (about a month after
I'd installed the card).  I suspect I had an entirely different problem
to the one you're experiencing however, as no modules loaded
automatically for me, but you may get lucky?

Rob
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk