[Gllug] Advansys SCSI Host Adapter

David Reed David at aliada.plus.com
Fri Dec 2 18:07:01 UTC 2005

I have the above card in my PCI slot 4 connected to my aging but
effective HP Scanjet IIcx, which works perfectly well under XP at the
moment on my new machine. It worked perfectly well on my former machine
under SUSE 8.2 and 9.1. But now, on my new machine, under SUSE 10 and
Kubuntu 5.10 the adapter is, apparently,  invisible. I have posted a
question on the Kubuntu forum and got nothing. I have sought information
about changes that might have produced this and have discovered nothing
that might indicate what has happened or why it continues to happen. Can
anyone throw some light on this apparent failure?

David Reed

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk