[Gllug] ascii dot

Tethys sta296 at astradyne.co.uk
Fri Dec 2 00:45:58 UTC 2005

"Diana Scott" writes:

>I would like to have full stop because the key on the keyboard doesnot work

You can get a new keyboard for under a fiver these days...

>U +3002 is a full stop Dot
>
>Can you tell me which key represent the U please?

Ermmm, no. That just indicates that it's unicode codepoint 0x3002.
How you enter non-ASCII characters depends on a number of factors
including, but not limited to, which application you're using. But it
sounds like what you really want is U+002E, a conventional ASCII full
stop anyway.

You could try using something like dasher or gok to enter a dot
character. Or you could just go and buy a new keyboard, which would
be altogether much easier.

If you're saying that the keyboard is physically fine, but doesn't work
with some software, then try using xev to see what keycode it's generating,
and what that's being mapped to under X.

Tet
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk