[Gllug] Corrupted Thunderbird mbox

Kristian Rink kristian at zimmer428.net
Sun Dec 11 12:06:05 UTC 2005

john levin schrieb:
> these are basically text files, but so far I haven't been able to get
> anything to read it. Generally, apps seem to freeze on it, although nano
> produced an empty page. The mozillazine forums and knowledgebase haven't
[...]
> Any suggestions?

I'd give mutt a try and see what happens whenever trying to open the
defective mbox using "mutt -f <mboxname>". Since the TB mailboxes indeed
are pure, "traditional" mboxes, this should work well. If you quit mutt,
chances are that your mbox will be rewritten and so (hopefully) fixed.

HTH,
Kris

--
"Sei Du selbst die Veränderung, die Du Dir wünschst
für diese Welt." (Gandhi)
-| Kristian Rink icq# 48874445 jab# kawazu at jabber.ccc.de
-| http://www.zimmer428.net ** http://www.fotolog.net/kawazu

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk